Welcome to the Journey

As you read through these journalings, I ask you to enjoy the ramblings and jestings but to also ponder the thoughts that are being pondered.

Feel free to join me on this journey through the trek of life.

Randy ~ The Toolman ~ Whistler

Saturday, May 4, 2013

What About a Dream?


A few years ago, a dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail hit me. It’s been on my “Goals” list for that many years. Events come up and the dream is still there but it re-positioned to another part of my life’s journey. (by the way … grandkids are awesome!) 

 As I’ve grown in age (as well as weight) I am realizing that I need to put this dream to rest or fruition. I have chosen the latter. With prayer, discussion, pondering, and worrying (see below) I have set into motion the process of Hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail. It even has a name ~ ” 2014 Appalachian Trail Venture!” Catchy, isn’t it! 

 As I am sitting here thinking, about hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail next summer, I have a feeling of uncertainty – Can I do it? Can I plan well enough to get the others on the trip ready? What about my wife? What if her health bottoms out while I’m gone? What if her health bottoms out between now and the start of the trip? What about money? What if I forget something important? There are MANY more questions and thoughts that wander in my wanderers brain. While this is going on, I can here Jesus’ words … “Worry?! Stop it!! Look at the birds of the air. They are taken care of and I love you more than them!” 

 So, as I begin the process of planning a “roving retreat” for some guys for next summer, I am relying on the wisdom, strength and heart of my favorite outdoor venturer ~ Jesus! With that said, I will also be putting together a smaller trip (2-3 day/1-2 night) here in Wisconsin. There are so many places to hike and beautiful place to see. If we are going to hike the Georgia to North Carolina section of the A.T., we need to be in shape, and what better that some backpacking in the wilderness of Wisconsin. (oh, I’m sure there might be some better places, but I’m already here!) So, on this beautiful Saturday in Wisconsin … I am ready for the next venture of the trek on this journey! 

 Happy trails and we’ll see ya in the woods! Randy ~ GeoJavaMan ~ the Toolman ~ Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment