Welcome to the Journey

As you read through these journalings, I ask you to enjoy the ramblings and jestings but to also ponder the thoughts that are being pondered.

Feel free to join me on this journey through the trek of life.

Randy ~ The Toolman ~ Whistler

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The End of One Man's Journey

As I sit here putting these thoughts down, I'm reminded once again that life is to short! I like to say that Life is to short to be grumpy (but never to short to be Jesus to someone.) It also brings to mind a book by John Piper titled "Don't Waste Your Life." - There's a new one ~ Life is to short to waste it!

I just finished writing a Funeral message to be delivered for the funeral of the father of one of my dear friends. He died early Friday morning. (Thank you for praying for them.) in talking with her and her husband, it made me realize how much we need to draw close together with our friends and family. My folks are older than this man was ... I don't ever expect to get "that" call. My folks will live forever. It seems to be a running thought in the minds of most people that get along and have a deep love and respect for their family. Or ... at least in my head its that way.

As this man's journey of life came to an end on Friday - after dealing with health issues - it brings to my thoughts about what are we doing to show people that regardless of what others believe, there is an after-life. And if they don't believe ... at least play it safe and ask Jesus into your heart and live that life ~ the believing will come as He shows/reveals Himself to you. At the end of life, we have the God of comfort. We have the God of grace. We have the God of peace ~ a peace that most of the time is at least on step past our understanding ~ but its there.

So ... the end of one man's journey has me thinking about who is going to be there when we are hurting and wanting to challenge anyone who reads this or stumbles across this. Here's the challenge: Do your best! Don't give up! God is there for us when we're hurting; when we're lonely; when we need a hug; when we're angry and need someone to yell at. God is there - He is FOREVER FAITHFUL! He is FOREVER STRONG! He is FOREVER WITH US!

For those of us that are still among the living - Enjoy the journey! And remember ... Life's to short to be grumpy! (but never to short to be Jesus to someone!) Live the dream ~ Randy "The Toolman"

1 comment:

  1. I love that God blessed me with cousins who have such great hearts. I love you, and miss you. Thanks for the challenge, the reminder, and the thought-provoker.

    ReplyDelete