Welcome to the Journey

As you read through these journalings, I ask you to enjoy the ramblings and jestings but to also ponder the thoughts that are being pondered.

Feel free to join me on this journey through the trek of life.

Randy ~ The Toolman ~ Whistler

Monday, September 6, 2010

Superbly ~ September Begins

Three young boys are getting their school supplies together. They are excited and forlorn all at the same time. Summer-break or summer vacation (whatever it’s called) is over and the new school year is just beginning. The “new frontier” as it could be heralded here in cowboy land. What does this September hold in store that the previous many have not?

I remember those days, living in South Dakota ~ kind of the Little Outhouse on the Prairie thing going on.

This September, of 2010, has come in with a wonderful aura that exudes “Hey, chubby man, get outside and do something!” And with that thought, I have been trying to do just that. After being gone a big chunk of the summer and having someone else keep the yard cut, I have the opportunity to have my yard back and we (Melinda and me) have been putting the manicured look back to the estate here in Godfrey.

Today started out with a little extra sleep then off for a bike ride down toward Grafton. (Or up as the map may show it ~ but my inner compass says “down!”) Getting back from the ride, I commenced with a fun day of ‘lawnicuring’ and it looks so much better. Melinda finished planting around our fountain in the backyard by the patio. It is our little silence and solitude place. The trickle of the fountain and the birds sharing God’s laughter will be a wonderful solace in the mornings when we are fully waiting to hear what God is saying or laughing about.

Okay, so my thought bike just took another path ~
I am in the place, right now as well as for many moments if I need to continue here, where I am waiting on Holy Spirit to show me what messages need to be shared with the people of the congregation God has allowed us to be a part of. I am also waiting for the same thing for the Underground. The excitement is almost overwhelming as we see God’s handiwork moving into place ~ but the waiting is horrific! Hate is pretty close best word for what I feel about waiting. A friend of mine said last week, something to the effect of “God’s timing is usually just one step beyond our logic.” I love the truth in that! It doesn’t make the waiting any easier; however it does make it easier to trust God for the timing.

Well – that’s all for now. I have to finish some projects started earlier so I can rest well tonight. God bless!

P.S. ~ It’s almost Fall Ya’ll!

Enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Since when did you guys get a fountain in the back yard?

    ReplyDelete